|Birth name||Michael Szewczyk|
|Also known as||The Cobbler|
|Occupation(s)||Disc jockey, record producer|
|Associated acts||Bath, Body Release|
Michael Szewczyk (born 1973), known as DJ Textbeak, is an American DJ, artist and record producer.
DJ Textbeak is known internationally for his varied style of dark and experimental music including remixes for ∆AIMON, Cyanotic, 3Teeth, Architect, among others. In 2016, he was a support act for Modern English.
He is considered influential in the Witch house genre for his early introduction of the movement and exclusive contributions of remixes. He was a contributor to the Zombie Nation song “The Mind of Many.”
In 2011, Textbeak started his own 2-hour satellite program entitled TXTBK’s CHVяCH XV BяXK3N 7ANGvAG3 featuring original and remixed tracks of new witch, experimental, industrial, and electro. In the same year, he was invited to participate in an exhibit entitled Necessary Discomforts, a tribute to Rozz Williams at the Hyaena Gallery. In creating artwork, Textbeak’s approach is similar to his filter of music, applying collage samples of visual information into a base of painting and illustration. Textbeak also has produced a large body of digital work.
In 2016, Auxiliary Magazine nominated Textbeak best DJ of the year.
In 2018, Textbeak inheritited and became a partner owner ovv HEXX 9 RADIO (from a dead person) who goes by the name of blvkgraav.. Both are actively engaged in bringing about the end of things, and providing a soundtrack for such. TXTBK’s CHVяCH XV BяXK3N 7ANGvAG3 RADIO SATURDAYS weekly 5 PM EST on www.hexx9radio.com
- Trickey, Erick. “2000 Scene Music Awards | News Lead | Cleveland Scene”. Clevescene.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- 11 hours ago (2017-11-15). “Cleopatra Records | Video premiere Textbeak feat. Bestial Mouths, “Blood Storm““. Cleorecs.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- “(K)OLLAPS×TEXTBEAK EPISODE 01 | Fragile フラジャイル 大阪”. Fragile-osaka.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- /. “Emptiness (Textbeak Remix) | ∆AIMON”. Aaimon.bandcamp.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Jim Goose Occasional electronic music contributor. (2015-10-13). “Cyanotic “Cause + Effect” Textbeak Remix Video Premiere –”. Post-punk.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- “Modern English | Nite | Awen | Dj Mike Textbeak | Things to do in Dallas”. Timeout.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- “TEXTBEAK | I Vacation In Your Hell |Electronic, Outsider Pop, Indie, Shoegaze, Dreampop, Experimental, Ambient, Goth, Alternative Music]”. I Vacation In Your Hell. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Stewart, Ian C (2011-08-10). “INTERVIEW with Mike Textbeak | AUTOreverse Independent Music Magazine Review”. Autoreversetoinfinity.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- “Mountain Fighting Records > Textbeak”. Mountainfightingrecords.tumblr.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Catch Everest Theme by (2016-05-22). “1340 – SUBSTANCE”. Substancemode.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Associated Press (2012-10-18). “‘Heather in Wonderland’ rave at Cleveland’s Exquisite Night Club”. cleveland.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Rozycki, David (2014-09-30). “Upcoming: Cheetah Chrome, Gene Watson, Night Ranger, Rosanne Cash, Skatestock III, etc”. Houston Press. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- document.write(date_dayname); (2013-11-12). “Parallel || Planets: Mike Textbeak: Waving the Gucci Goth Flag High”. Parallelplanets.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- “Mike Textbeak”. ArtSlant. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Auxiliary Magazine (2016-12-28). “Vote for the Best in Alternative Culture and Subculture of 2016”. Auxiliary Magazine. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- “GHOST ORNITHOLOGY | Moon Sounds Records”. Moonsoundsrecords.bandcamp.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- “Textbeak / Eric Walker (8) – Solo Patterns / E.L.A. (Vinyl) at Discogs”. Discogs.com. 2008-01-08. Retrieved 2018-02-22.